Parason pulp dewatering machines and process
The purpose of pulp dewatering in stock preparation is to separate solids from pulp slurry.
Technical and economic importance of pulp dewatering before dispersion
- To adjust stock (pulp slurry) consistency to the required level to perform operations like dispersion and bleaching effectively.
- To adjust pulp consistency to a higher level to effective dispersion (breaking down) of non-fibres solid material and mixing it into in fibrous material.
- Efficiently dewatered stock reaches a higher temperature and gets dispersed well even with lower energy usage and time, which helps reduce operational costs and batch time.
Process of Pulp Dewatering and machinery
Dewatering is a process used to separate a suspension (a mixture of solids and liquids) into two parts: a thickened, more concentrated part and a filtrate (liquid) part with fewer solids. In this process, a filter is used to divide the suspension, which has an initial consistency (cI).
Various types of machines are used for dewatering in stock preparation: drum filters, belt filters, twin-wire presses, disk filters, and screw presses, as well as static filters such as inclined and curved screens.
Screw Press Machine
Screw presses have a housing, screens with round holes or slots, and a screw that turns. The screw moves the stock to the outlet, removing the of water as it turns. During transport, the free space between the screw body and the screen basket gets smaller in the axial direction. This means that the dewatering pressure increases.
Reduction in the free volume can be achieved by decreasing the screw pitch angle and increasing the screw rotor shaft diameter.
As the filter mat is continuously removed from the screen cylinder high stock consistency and dewatering capacity are achieved. On the other hand, the filtrate consistency is highest compared to all other dewatering methods. Outlet consistency is a direct function of the applied torque. Automatic torque control regulates the screw speed to keep discharge consistency high and constant. Screw presses are also used for dewatering in reject handling systems.
Poly Disc Filter
The Poly disc filter is crucial in pulp dewatering as it enhances filtration efficiency and reduces water consumption, leading to energy savings and a more sustainable papermaking process.
How do Parason pulp dewatering machines work?
Parason pulp dewatering solutions offer you the latest upgraded tools and equipment that ease the task of drying. Our screw press machine are very productive and yield more in less time.
The complete system developed by Parason is very efficient and reliable. The air enters the bottom cylinder and circulates continuously which causes the air to heat. This hot air goes into the heat recovery sector.
The heat in the humid exhaust is mainly used to heat the additional air that is delivered to the dryer. Very few parts of the set-up are movable which makes it efficient in working and causes less maintenance.
The main purpose of Parason pulp dewatering equipment is to handle the rejects in a cost-effective way. The pulp dewatering system removes the water from the solid. This impacts on the reduced weight and volume of the pulp and helps to gain strong fibres.
Benefits of Parason screw press machine & pulp dewatering system
- High throughput & dryness
- Compact design requires less space
- High efficient and more productivity
- Easy to install and operate
- Suitable for different pulp grades
- Low maintenance requirements
Parason is a well-established pulp and paper machine manufacturing industry. Our machine and equipment are built with our highly skilled engineers with advance technology and features. There are several parts and equipment that contribute to the working of a paper machine.
Fibre Dewatering machine is also a part of the process that is equivalently important. The pulp dewatering machine price in India and in the international market differs as per the specification, capacity, operational mode, etc. of the equipment.
Why use Parason hydraulic dewatering press machines?
- 30% – 40% weight reduction of pulp – Parason dewatering machines remove 40 to 50 per cent of the excess water in the pulp and make it as dry as possible keeping enough moisture for the sludge to remain thick.
- Supports variable raw material input – Parason paper pulp machines are built to process a wide range of raw materials like recycled fibres, virgin fibres, agricultural wastes, bagasse, textile fibres, etc.
- Easy construction & low maintenance – The dewatering machines developed by Parason are open and are less complex. This makes the operations and repairing of the machines easy. The speciality of Parason machines is that they are low maintenance machines.
- Reusable water – The water that is squeezed out from the pulp can be reused for the next batch of pulp processing. This helps in saving the water and thus, helps in the growth of the environment.
Advantages of Parason pulp dewatering machine –
- Easy to install and operate
- Excellent sheet formation
- Perfect dewatering effect
- Compact design – requires less area
- Lower energy consumption
- Affordable price